Acceptable Use Policy
Last updated: September 8, 2021
PLEASE READ THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SITE OR OUR SERVICES
This Acceptable Use Policy (“Policy“) sets out specific terms under which you may access or download content from Our website or through our mobile applications and generally use our services including recording of meetings (including classrooms, lessons, business meetings and calls), hosting virtual discussions, sharing of content, note taking, communicating with other users, and other features of the application (collectively “Jamworks Services”). This Acceptable Use Policy applies to all users of the Jamworks Services. The examples of prohibited uses of the Jamworks Services described in this Policy are not exhaustive.
By using our site, you confirm that you accept the terms of this policy and that you agree to comply with them. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site. We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
We may modify this Policy at any time by posting a revised version. By using or continuing to use the Jamworks Services after a posted update to this Policy, you are confirming your agreement to the latest version of this Policy.
“Jamworks” “We” “Us” or “Our” is defined as Jamworks Platforms Limited a limited company registered in England and Wales (company number 12578785), of Suite 2, Victoria House, South Street, Farnham, Surrey, United Kingdom, GU9 7QU. Where applicable, “You” or “Your” is defined as an individual user of the Jamworks Services, including teachers and student users. Users purchasing from, downloading from, or uploading to the Jamworks Services on behalf of a school, university or college or other such entity agree that they do so only with the appropriate permissions and authority of the institution on whose behalf they purport to be acting.
Your use of the Jamworks Services means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all provisions of this Acceptable Use Policy, which supplement Our Terms of Service, which also apply to your use of the Jamworks Services.
You may use the Jamworks Services (including the website and our mobile applications) only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Jamworks Services:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors or vulnerable adults in any way.
- To abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate any other user or third party.
- For any conduct involving stalking, attempting to exploit or harm any individual (including minors) in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content or otherwise or asking for personal information as prohibited under applicable laws, regulations or code.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material that is infringing, libellous, defamatory, discriminatory, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, abusive, offensive, hateful, profane, violent, or otherwise violates or encourages someone to violate any law or right of any third party as determined in our sole discretion.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate Jamworks, a Jamworks employee, another user, faculty, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses, or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To encourage any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Jamworks Services or which, as determined by Us, may harm Jamworks or users of the Jamworks Services or expose them to liability.
- To cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, or alarm any other person.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To give the impression that a communication originates from or is endorsed by Jamworks or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- To post any information which is incomplete, false, inaccurate or not Your own.
- To use the Jamworks Services to inquire about, engage in or aid or assist anyone with any form of academic dishonesty (i.e. completing assignments or projects, writing papers or essays, taking (or help take) quizzes or examinations on someone’s behalf, or completing work in violation of academic integrity policies or other conduct policies of a school, university, academic institution or workplace. We may report any breach of this prohibition to the applicable school, university, academic institution or workplace.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of the Jamworks Services in contravention of the provisions of the Jamworks Terms of Service.
- Not to bypass or attempt to bypass any measures We may use to prevent or restrict access to the Jamworks Services or to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of the Jamworks Services.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of Our website;
- any equipment or network on which Our website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of Our website; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our website or in the Jamworks Services, including, without limitation:
- Video-sharing facilities.
- Chat rooms.
- Bulletin boards.
The above are “interactive services”.
Where We do provide any interactive service, We will provide clear information to You about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on Our site, and We will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, We are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on Our site, and We expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where We do moderate an interactive service, We will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which You contribute to Our website or the Jamworks Services (“Contribution”), and to any interactive services associated with it.
The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
We will determine, in Our sole discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Include child sexual abuse material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal content or activity.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from [NAME OF COMPANY], if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
Suspension And Termination
Failure to comply with this Policy constitutes a material breach of Our Terms of Service and is subject to the provisions and remedies therein.
We reserve the right to investigate any violation or suspected violation of this Policy but are under no obligation to do so. In doing so, We may: temporarily suspend Your access to the Jamworks Services or terminate Your account on the Jamworks platform, remove any content We believe is in violation of this Policy, issue a warning, issue legal action against you, issue legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach, and/or report any activity that We suspect violates any law, rule, or regulation to law enforcement officials, school/employer, regulators, or the like, in Our sole discretion. We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this Policy. The responses described in this Policy are not limited, and We may take any other action We deem appropriate.
Your use of the Jamworks Services is also governed by the Jamworks Terms of Service.
Nothing in this Policy is intended to grant any rights in the Services beyond the rights granted to You in the Jamworks Terms of Service. If We fail, at any time, to insist upon strict performance of any of Your obligations under this Policy, or if We fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which We are entitled under this Policy, this shall not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and shall not relieve You from compliance with such obligations. A waiver by Us of any default shall not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default. No waiver by Us of any of the provisions of this Policy shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing.
We can transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to any third party, provided this does not adversely affect your rights under these terms.
If you are a consumer, please note that the terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
If you are a business, the terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Please contact Us with questions about this Policy or to report violations of this Policy: email@example.com.